Friday, April 5, 2013

Update from Easter Weekend


I totally meant to post this and some pictures earlier BUT whatever blew in with the rain on Monday has my entire family nice and snotty!

Emrie had a wonderful Easter - complete with 3 (count 'em) 3 Easter egg hunts. Now every time we mention the word eggs, even if it is just in regards to breakfast, she immediately starts hunting for goodies.

Thursday was her Easter party as Big School. She was so sweet. When her little boyfriend, Cooper, started crying she took him an egg and gave him a hug. I thought it was precious...Brian did not.

Saturday we went to Deanville and celebrated Easter with my family. The kids had a blast. Not only did they get to hunt Easter Eggs but they got to ride 4-wheelers and the Treckor. Aiden and the big kids rode the 4-wheelers all day and Emrie (thanks to my dad) thought she needed to drive the Treckor. He let her sit behind the wheel - she steered and he worked the pedals. One time was all it took and she was hooked. She spent the rest of the day sitting behind the wheel and trying to get Pap-paw (or anyone who walked by) to ride with her.

Sunday we went to the early church service and to Brian's sister's house for Easter with his family. The Easter feast was my favorite, HOTDOGS!!! I ate 3...and a half...and I didn't even throw up! After lunch Emrie, Aiden and Hill Sister's took off on an Easter egg hunt. More eggs = more candy = very happy (and hyper) kiddos. I can't lie. I snuck a few pieces.

Next year, I'm proposing an adult Easter egg hunt and we let the big kids hide them. Whoo Hoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment