Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Great Friends...Great Wedding!

So I told you about Emrie's run in with the law while Brian and I were in Fort Worth at a wedding...what I failed to do was share details of the wedding!

David and Bri (the bride and groom) had a wonderful ceremony. I work with Dave. He's a big softy so we had bets as to whether or not he would cry. My money was on yes so I had to sit extra close to see if I could spot any tears. I could not. I lost the bet.

The reception was at the Fort Worth Stockyards. It was a totally awesome place to have a wedding reception...unless you're wearing 4" heels. What? They matched the dress! I had no idea I would be subjected to cobble stone walkways. And, I truly did not anticipate the floor in the reception area to be cobble stone too. Anyway, after almost falling several times, Brian broke down and bought me a pair of flip flops from one of the nearby stores. This is the Stockyards so nothing is cheap - especially not Justin flip flops. So, $35 later Brian begrudgingly walked back in with my new flip flops. 

They didn't look as cool with my dress but they worked.


We had a blast dancing and eating. They had a popcorn bar with several different types of popcorn to snack on. What a great idea! And the actual dinner had MAC n CHEESE! Pregnant woman like. Pregnant woman like a lot.



All in all, it was a great wedding with great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment